1 form into subdivisions; "The cells subdivided"
2 divide into smaller and smaller pieces; "This apartment cannot be subdivided any further!"
To divide into smaller sections
- Finnish: jakaa
Subdivision may refer to:
- Country subdivision
- Subdivision surface, a term in computer graphics
- Subdivision (railway), a term Canadian (and some American) railways use for main railway lines
- Subdivision (graph theory)
- "Subdivision (film)", starring Gary Sweet
- "Subdivision" (Prison Break episode), the twenty-eighth episode of American television series, Prison Break
- "Subdivisions" (song), by the rock group Rush
alphabetize, analyze, anatomize, apportion, arrange, assay, assort, bifurcate, bisect, branch, break down, break up, by two, catalog, categorize, class, classify, cleave, codify, contradistinguish, cut in two, cut up, demarcate, demark, dichotomize, differentiate, digest, dimidiate, discriminate, dissect, distinguish, district, divide, divide up, divvy, divvy up, draw the line, file, fission, fork, grade, group, halve, in half, index, list, mark the interface, order, parcel, parcel out, partition, pick out, pigeonhole, place, portion, ramify, range, rank, rate, reduce, reduce to elements, resolve, screen, screen out, section, segment, segregate, select, separate, set a limit, set apart, set off, sever, severalize, sieve, sieve out, sift, sift out, sort, sort out, split, split hairs, split in two, split up, subtilize, tabulate, transect, type, winnow, zone